Wax melts, also known as wax tarts or wax melt snap bars, are a fantastic way to fill your home with your favourite fragrances. They are a safe and clean alternative to traditional candles, offering a flameless solution to enjoying a cosy, welcoming atmosphere. This guide will take you through the process of how to use wax melts, ensuring you get the most out of your wax melt experience
The first step in your wax melt journey is choosing your wax melt snap bar. Wax melts come in a wide variety of scents, from fresh and floral to sweet and spicy. The beauty of wax melts is that you can change the scent to suit your mood, the season, or even a special occasion.
When selecting your wax melt snap bar, consider the size of the room and how strong you want the fragrance to be. Remember, wax melts are highly scented, so a little goes a long way. Each snap bar typically has 10 individual squares, allowing you to break off a few squares at a time for use. This not only helps you control the intensity of the fragrance but also makes your snap bar last longer.
Before you start melting your chosen wax melt snap bar, it’s important to prepare your wax melt burner. Whether you’re using a tea light burner or an electric burner, the process is relatively similar.
Place your burner on a heat-resistant surface away from draughts, pets, and children. Ensure the area around the burner is clear of flammable materials. If you’re using a tea light burner, place an unscented tea light in the base. For electric burners, ensure the cord is untangled and the burner is positioned near a power outlet
- Break Off a Piece: Start by breaking off one or two squares from your wax melt snap bar. The number of squares you use will depend on the size of your room and how strong you want the fragrance to be.
- Place in Wax Warmer: Place the piece of the wax melt snap bar in the dish of your wax warmer. Ensure the wax warmer is on a stable, heat-resistant surface to avoid any accidents.
- Turn on Your Wax Warmer: If you’re using an electric wax warmer, simply turn it on. If you’re using a traditional wax warmer, light an unscented tea light and place it underneath the dish holding the wax melt.
- Let the Wax Melt: As the wax melts, it will release its fragrance, filling your room with a delightful scent. Enjoy the aroma and relax!
Remember, never leave a burning wax warmer unattended and always extinguish the tea light or turn off the electric warmer when you’re finished using it.
Keeping your wax melt burner clean is essential for its longevity and performance. Here’s how to clean a tea light wax melt burner:
- Let the Wax Cool: After using your wax melt, let the wax cool completely. This will make it easier to remove.
- Remove the Wax: Once the wax is cool and solid, apply gentle pressure with your fingers or a utensil to pop the wax out of the dish. If the wax doesn’t come out easily, you can place the dish in the freezer for about 15 minutes to shrink the wax, making it easier to remove.
- Clean the Dish: After removing the wax, clean the dish with warm soapy water, rinse, and dry thoroughly before using it again.
Remember, never use sharp objects to remove the wax as this can scratch or damage the dish.
Electric wax melt burners require a slightly different cleaning method compared to tea light burners. Here’s how to clean an electric wax melt burner:
- Turn off and Unplug: Always ensure the burner is turned off and unplugged before cleaning.
- Let the Wax Cool: Allow the wax to cool and solidify. Do not attempt to clean the burner while the wax is still hot or liquid.
- Remove the Wax: Once the wax is solid, you can remove it. Some electric burners have removable dishes, which you can put in the freezer for about 15 minutes to make the wax easier to remove. If the dish is not removable, you can scoop out the wax with a spoon or similar tool.
- Clean the Dish: After removing the wax, clean the dish with a damp cloth. Avoid using soapy water as this could damage the electric components of the burner.
Remember, never immerse your electric burner in water or allow water to come into contact with the electrical components.
While wax melts are a safe alternative to candles, it’s still important to use them responsibly to prevent accidents. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Never Leave a Burning Wax Warmer Unattended: Always extinguish the tea light or turn off the electric warmer when you’re not in the room.
- Keep Out of Reach of Children and Pets: Wax warmers can get hot and melted wax can cause burns. Always place your wax warmer in a safe location where children and pets can’t reach it.
- Use a Heat-Resistant Surface: Always place your wax warmer on a heat-resistant surface to prevent damage to your furniture.
- Don’t Overfill the Dish: Only use the recommended amount of wax for your specific warmer. Overfilling can cause the wax to spill out when it melts.
By following these safety tips, you can enjoy your wax melts safely and responsibly.
As a wax melt user, you might have a few questions about this product. Here are some frequently asked questions about wax melts:
- How long do wax melts last?
- Typically, one square of a wax melt snap bar will last for about 8 to 10 hours, but this can vary depending on the scent and the brand.
- Can I mix different wax melt scents?
- Yes, you can mix different scents to create your own unique fragrance. Just make sure not to overfill your wax warmer.
- Can I reuse wax melts?
- Once the scent has evaporated from the wax, it’s time to replace it. While the wax doesn’t evaporate, the fragrance oils do, so once the scent is gone, the wax won’t provide any more fragrance.
If you have any other questions about wax melts, feel free to ask, just drop us an email at [email protected].
Enjoying Your Fragrant Home
Lucia Rose Wax melts are a wonderful way to fill your home with your favourite scents. By choosing the right wax melt snap bar, using your wax melt burner correctly, and cleaning it regularly, you can ensure a long-lasting, delightful fragrance experience. Remember to always use your wax melts safely and responsibly. Now that you know how to use wax melts, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the comforting and inviting atmosphere they create.
We hope this guide has been helpful in enhancing your wax melt experience. Happy scenting!